Bosch 0 261 204 604, 0 261 204 605 - Repair
When you choose the repair service you send your Porsche Boxster Bosch unit to our location. Once we receive the unit, we test and diagnose the unit. Then we repair it, if it is needed, and we send it back to you with a report of what caused the unit to go bad.
When sending your unit for Repair, send us the ECU/ DME Set.
NOTE: Repair Form must be filled out BEFORE you ship the ECU/DME Set.
If you think that your ECU is causing problems in your car, send us your engine computer through our Repair Service Program and we will diagnose your ECU to confirm whether your ECU is good or bad. If, however, your ECU is in good condition, testing is only $149.
WHAT IS THE TURN AROUND TIME FOR THE REPAIR?
The average time for the repair process is 5 days once we receive the ECU/DME Set at our office.
This Porsche Boxster ECU DME fits cars from 1997 - 1999.
Whether you chose the Repair or the Exchange Service, the ECU will be Programmed by us, using your car's VIN number and ready to install in the car; Plug and Play.
Please provide us with your car's VIN number to ensure proper programming.
ECU/DME Location: 0 261 204 604 / 0261204604 / 0 261 204 605 / 0261204605.
Our 4 Stage Process for Testing Before We Repair Anything:
- We start with a complete visual inspection.
- We then check the software and programming.
- We perform a bench test.
- Lastly, we do dynamic test in the same model car.
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF A BAD PORSCHE BOXSTER ECU/ DME BOSCH
- The car does not start, and sometimes it doesn't even crank.
- Faults with Bank Camshaft actuator solenoid 1 or 2 Position Sensor - P1539 - P1397 - P1341.
- No communication with the scanner tool.
- No communication with the Immobilizer alarm module.
- The Check Engine Light is On with O2 sensor codes.
- Scanner Fault code P0605 ECM Faulty.
- Cannot write or reprogram DME.
- Cannot upload performance software upgrades.
- Loss of ground pulse to injectors.