Bosch 0 261 200 085 - Repair
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera ECU (0 261 200 085 - 0261200085 - 0.261.200.085 - 0-261-200-085)
You are purchasing a repair service; we will need you to send your DME/ ECU to our office to properly inspect, diagnose and repair your defective DME. We perform bench and vehicle tests for the ultimate in diagnostic reliability, ensuring that you receive a Plug and play product, Guaranteed!
Your DME will be inspected and tested, then we will report to you to obtain your approval for the repair, if needed, a report from our technician will be included about the diagnosis and the solution provided for your DME.
The Porsche 911 Bosch DME/ ECU was designed and made in the 1980s, at the time it was cutting edge technology. Over time, the DME/ ECU and its components began to develop problems, making it unreliable in its operation. Our reconstruction services cover the repair and preventive maintenance required for the DME/ ECU to operate at 100% optimal performance.
We have engine bench simulators and dedicated physical tester cars to ensure diagnosis and repairs, also to help with advice on fixing problems with your engine electronics.
NOTE: Repair Form must be filled out BEFORE you ship the ECU.
If you think that your ECU is causing problems in your car, send us your engine computer through our Repair Service Program and we will diagnose your ECU to confirm whether your ECU is good or bad. If, however, your ECU is in good condition, testing is only $95.
Our 4 Stage Process for Testing Before We Repair Anything:
- We start with a complete visual inspection.
- We then check the software and programming.
- We perform a bench test.
- Lastly, we do dynamic test in the same model car.
ECU/ DME Bad Common Symptoms:
- Car will not start.
- Misfires/ Stalls.
- No Signal to Coil/ No Spark.
- No Injector Pulse/ No Fuel.
- Occasional Erratic Idle.
WHAT IS THE TURN AROUND TIME FOR THE REPAIR:
Repairs take between 5 days once we receive the unit at our offices.
This Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera ECU DME Bosch Part Numbers:
0 261 200 050
0 261 200 051
0 261 200 082
0 261 200 085
911 618 111 00
911 618 111 01
911 618 111 02
911 618 111 03
911 618 111 04
911 618 111 05
911 618 111 07
911 618 111 08
911 618 111 09
911 618 111 14
911 618 111 20
911 618 111 16
911 618 111 12
911 618 111 18
- The DME/ ECU of your 911 Carrera 3.2 is located under the driver's seat, to remove it you will need the following tools:
- Ratchet - Small extension - 10 MM socket
- Start by pushing the seat back as far as you can, also up if the seats are electric. Fold or remove the floor mat on the driver's side as it may interfere with the removal of the DME/ ECU.
- Locate and start removing the four 10 mm nuts and washers that hold the DME/ ECU against the bolts on the floor board.
- The main wiring for the DME/ ECU will be maintained by a strip attached with a 10 mm nut, remove the nut and undo the strap that holds the harness.
- Once the DME/ ECU is released from its location, carefully remove the main connector by pushing the silver tab on the side of the DME and carefully pulling the main connector.
Once the DME/ ECU is released from its location, carefully remove the main connector by pushing the silver tab on the side of the DME and carefully pulling the main connector.