Bosch 0 261 204 790 - Repair
PORSCHE 996 ECU DME BOSCH (0 261 204 790) REPAIR SERVICE
When you choose the repair service you send your unit to our location. Once we receive the unit, we test and diagnose the unit. Then we repair it, if it is needed, and we send it back to you with a report of what caused the unit to go bad.
When sending your unit for Repair, send us the DME Set:
When we receive the unit, a technician will call you to follow-up on the repair.
HOW DO I SEND MY ECU/DME FOR REPAIR:
Step 1: Click the orange "Fill repair form" icon
Step 2: Fill out the form.
Step 3: Print the email confirmation.
Step 4: Pack your ECU/DME set securely.
Step 5: Send the repair form along with your ECU/DME set.
If you think that your ECU is causing problems in your car, send us your engine computer through our Repair Service Program and we will diagnose your ECU to confirm whether your ECU is good or bad. If, however, your ECU is in good condition, testing is only $95.
Our 4 Stage Process for Testing Before We Repair Anything:
- We start with a complete visual inspection.
- We then check the software and programming.
- We perform a bench test.
- Lastly, we do dynamic test in the same model car.
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF A BAD PORSCHE 996 ECU/DME BOSCH
- The car does not start, and sometimes it doesn't even crank.
- Faults with Bank Camshaft actuator solenoid 1 or 2 Position Sensor - P1539 - P1397 - P1341.
- No communication with the scanner tool.
- No communication with the Immobilizer alarm module.
- The Check Engine Light is On with O2 sensor codes.
- Scanner Fault code P0605 ECM Faulty.
- Cannot write or reprogram DME.
- Cannot upload performance software upgrades.
- Loss of ground pulse to injectors.
WHAT IS THE TURN AROUND TIME FOR THE REPAIR:
Repairs take between 5 days once we receive the unit at our offices.
This Porsche 996 ECU DME, fits cars from 2000 - 2004.
Whether you chose the Repair or the Exchange Service, the ECU will be Programmed by us, using your car's VIN number and ready to install in the car; Plug and Play.
Please provide us with your car's VIN number to ensure proper programming.
ECU / DME Location 0 261 204 790 / 0261204790
Common Symptoms of a Bad Porsche 996 DME ECU:
- No throttle response
- Check Engine fault codes for Camshaft Sensor
- Various cylinder misfire codes
- DME cannot be programmed or cannot be re-flashed
- No crank, no start
- After Immobilizer got wet, car doesn't start